Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Here we go again...

Instead of addressing the fact that I have not blogged in months, I am choosing to ignore it. Let's move on shall we. . .

A lot has happened in the last few months. I graduated from college, got my dream job and am living on my own in the middle of the city (as city as you can get in good ol' Phoenix, AZ). So now I suppose I am a 20 something trying the make a new apartment a home and not kill any of my patient, hoping it will all come together at some point and I will actually feel like I know what I am doing.

I suppose there are some new players along with some old favs in this life of mine as well. Let's review.

The BF and I are still treking along (pun intended). We see each other a lot more now since my apartment is a lot closer. I enjoy it.

Then there is the ever loved BFF who is not in the process of planning a wedding to a man that is perfect for her, which I suppose makes me a maid of honor, a title that I am well, for lack of a better word honored to have, but I again have no idea what I am doing.

The fam is pretty much the same minus my sister, she is in London for the year (see LETTER and LIST ), totally weird. I miss her dearly and have big plans for a trip in January. My baby brother is now 21, also totally weird, and is more enjoyable than ever these days. Mom is as wack-a-doo as always and is now selling Lia Sophia Jewelry, all she talks about. Dad is retired and I think becoming a bit bored.

Newly in my life, well not really new but sort of rekindled in my life, is my gay boyfriend. He is fabulous and I love him. the nursing school girls that are quickly becoming my favorite breakfast/shopping friends. My work mom, who is getting my though most my my days. I honestly don't know where I would be without here. Nurses are notorious for “eating their young”. I am happy to say I have not experienced this, yet. (knock on wood). She also gives me someone to roll my eyes at when things aren't going my way.

The other big story in my life as of late has been weight loss. It is a strange thing when you loose a significant amount of weight, 70 pounds in my case. I don't think my mind has quite caught up to my body yet. People who have never been heavy will never understand the excitement that accompanies being able to walk into H&M and find clothes that fit perfectly.



My new obsessions: Lace Short from H&M



I fell in love with them as soon as I saw them but was convinced that they wouldn't fit. I was pleasantly surprised. They are the perfect mix of corkey cute and I feel a little like I am wearing a bathing suite from the 40s when I wear them. Whats not to like?!

3 comments:

  1. Very nice honey! And congrats on the weight loss, thats amazing! How did you do it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for a life that is going well! Mega congrats on the weight loss! You're amazing!

    I'm sure you are a fantastic nurse and I'm glad you have someone watching out for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my heaven. These shorts are amazing! Seriously, loveeee!

    ReplyDelete