Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Bit of a Scare

So blog, I realize I have been avoiding you again. My apologies. I am here to avoid shenanigans being called by my lovely cousin KV.

I've had rough start this week.

Sunday night, I am casually laying in bed with the BF while avoiding a looming care plan that was due in T minus 10 hours. I am not sure how, I probably had some sort of itch, but I somehow noticed a lump conveniently located between my arm pit and my side boob(see: Lindsay Lohan) . Needless to say I had a bit of a freak out that mostly consisted of a lot of “what the eff is that?!”. The BF began the googling and I referred to my nursing book in search of something that did have the word cancer in it. All of or sources pointed to go to the doctor. Being that it was Sunday night I would have to wait until the morning to call and make an appointment, not my best night sleep to say the least. I had clinicals bright and early Monday morning and after only a few hours of actual sleep I was not in the greatest of moods, it didn't help that I somehow ended up working on the cancer floor that day (damn you universe and your sick since of humor).

I (unsuccessfully) did everything I could to keep my mind off my new bump. I took care of patients. I helped lift of 610 pound man off the floor. I even went and tried to save lives by giving blood, also unsuccessfully, apparently they didn't want my kind (or I just didn't have enough iron).

Well, my appointment was this morning and it turns out I just have some sort of cyst. They wrote me a prescription for antibiotics and called it a day. Thank God.

After my appointment I decided to take myself on an impromptu shopping trip. I found deal after deal. Here is the run down. I came home with 3 tanks, 1 tee, 1 dress (with pickets!), 1 pair of workout pants, 2 workout tops and a blazer. Grand totally (insert da da da da here) $52.00. Effint awesome! Now my and my bump have some new threads to sport and I am not broke. Maybe this week is looking up.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for updating. Shenanigans have been retracted. Also, sorry about your weird booby lump. But hooray for cheap finds! WIN!

    ReplyDelete