Thursday, September 10, 2009

Water Aerobics Class Uno

Before you judge, based on the fact that I am not this lady . . .

Completely Legit

Let me just say water aerobics is hard, and yes I was by FAR the youngest person there (minus my friends who I dragged along with me). Not only were my abs and arms burning more than they have in a long time, but I felt a little bit like I did when we use to play “The Little Mermaid” in the pool when I was little (never did get to be aerial, my sister was a jerk). I feel like that makes a win, win situation. I will definitely be adding that to my work out routine that now consist of Yoga, Zumba, gym days (that I hate), and Sunday morings that consist of trying to pry the BF out of bed for a walk. I am thinking about adding a Monday night kickboxing class, we will see how ambitious I feel come Monday night.

I am really excited about how things are going with this working out and eating better thing. Not only are my clothes fitting better (kind of getting to the point of needed to buy new ones, love it!) but I feel A LOT better. Truth be told I really have to thank my cousin KV for all of this. She has done such an amazing job getting health that it has really inspired me to do the same. Let’s face the facts folks, I am Mexican, we like to eat. We are big and loud and most of our conversations start with pass the chips, por favor. Seeing KV do the amazing job that she has done really gives me hope that I can do it too. I just hope she knows how much I love her and how proud I am of her.

1 comment:

  1. Aw, shucks. Thanks! You're doing awesome and I'm so proud of you for sticking with it. I know it's hard, but think of how much more fun shopping will be! Truth be told, being healthy is great and all, but the thing that keeps me at the gym is thinking of jean shopping.

    Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete