Friday, August 7, 2009

R.I.P.

It is a sad sad day. Being that I am one of those girls that fell in love with Jake Ryan Ducky the moment I saw him I have to appropriately morn the loss of the 80s icon that made the Sunday afternoons of my adolescence much more entertaining. . .Mr. John Hughes. **insert moment of silance here**

My favs people, in no particular order (but if there were are a particular order The Breakfast Club just might be #1)

The Breakfast Club

I honestly can't count the number of times my cousin KV and I have tried to determine who in our family is which character. Yet, somehow I always end up getting the shaft and having to play the principle. Well, thanks John for giving me bad ass lines. If you mess with the bull you will indeed get the horns.


Pretty In Pink

Oh lovely Ducky I can’t count the number of ways I loved you. I always thought that Blane guy was kind of a queer. You won me over with you awesome shoes and keen since of terrible 80s style (go fig.)

Farris Bueller's Day Off

Let’s be real folks, everyone has at one point or another wanted a Farris Bueller day. I mean really, who doesn’t want to sing in the middle of a parade and have a friend like Cameron. Just me. . .fine, I’m good with it.

Sixteen Candles

There really are no words. Sixteen Candles is classically amazing, pure 80s perfection.

Curly Sue

Did you know John Hughes did Curly Sue?! Me either! (Apparently neither of us can read the box). It makes me want to bust out my spiral curling iron and box of trinkets.

John Hughes signle handedly defined 80s teen angst that still stands true today:

Dear Mr. Vernon,

we accept the fact that we had to sacrifice a whole Saturday in detention for whatever it was we did wrong. But we think you’re crazy to make an essay telling you who we think we are. You see us as you want to see us — in the simplest terms, in the most convenient definitions. But what we found out is that each one of us is a brain … and an athlete … and a basket case … a princess … and a criminal. Does that answer your question?


Sincerely yours,
The Breakfast Club

John Hughes (1950-2009)

You made you mark on the world John and worry not

We won't forget about you.

Classic.

No comments:

Post a Comment